Holy. Moly. These quickly became the Hubs’ and I’s favorite healthy treat that I’ve ever made. Without a doubt. Chocolatey goodness wraps around a cookie dough center. Deeeee-lish.
I can’t take credit for the idea. I originally saw this recipe on Frisky Lemon and knew that I had to make them, but I didn’t have the ingredients on hand. So I improvised, and OH.MY.GOSH. Seriously. Make these! They are easy to make and will be ready in less than an hour.
In fact, we ate through the entire batch in just a few days … just me and the Hubs. Ooops! And yeah, he’s already requesting more…
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 4 oz unsweetened baker’s chocolate
- 2 TBSP butter *
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 4 TBSP honey
* If you don’t want to use any butter, you can substitute coconut oil, which would give you 4 TBSP total coconut oil that you will need for the recipe.
For the Cookie Dough center:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Line a 24-count mini-muffin pan with muffin liners. You could use a regular sized muffin pan as well, and I would assume that this would make 10-12 cups, but I haven’t tried it myself.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat. Melt 1 TBSP butter, 1 TBSP coconut oil, and 2 oz chocolate in the pan and whisk occasionally.
- Once it is fully melted, remove from heat and whisk in 2 TBSP honey. Immediately divide among the muffin cups. I used about 1/2 tsp to line the bottom of my mini-muffin cups. Place the pan in the freezer for the chocolate to harden while you prepare the cookie dough filling. Remove pan when the chocolate is fully hardened (about 10 minutes).
- For the dough, just combine all ingredients together until mixed well. Press a small amount of dough (approx 1 – 1.5 tsp) on top of the hardened chocolate.
- Repeat above steps to make another batch of chocolate coating. Spoon a small amount of chocolate over the cookie dough, diving equally among the muffin cups and covering the cookie dough entirely. Place the muffin tin back in the freezer for the chocolate to harden, about 20 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer and enjoy.
Recipe makes approximately 24 mini cups