I’m a sucker for a good pot roast. Do you know what I’m also a sucker for? Some good gravy.
I browned my pot roast first for this recipe, but I didn’t really notice a difference in juicyness/tenderness. So you could just go ahead and throw that sucker in there raw and you will be a-ok. But it does make for some puurrrty pictures like this, right?
Oh, and yes, that is the pot roast sitting on top of “ice cubes” of homemade cream of mushroom soup. You could use canned, but I try to stay away from processed foods so that is why mine is in frozen cubes. And it is SO good!
One of my favorite meals … ever. I think pot roast with mashed potatoes is my comfort food (along with a lot of really unhealthy yeast rolls … yes please!)
- 3 lb roast
- 1 TBSP olive oil (optional – to brown meat)
- 1.5 cups cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary (or 2 tsp dried)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Season all sides of meat with salt and pepper, to taste.
- (Optional:) Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Brown meat on all sides. (You can also just throw the meat in completely raw if running low on time.)
- Put all ingredients into slow cooker with the roast on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Pull your roast out of the slow cooker and let it rest on a plate covered with foil for 15 minutes. Slice or shred your roast to serve.