I’ve debated for the last several days as to whether or not I should really post this recipe. I mean, let’s be honest, it doesn’t look very appetizing. But I swear it is! You’re just going to have to trust me on this one. Oh, and no packets or bottles of ranch dressing are necessary … just some simple (and healthier!) ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
The hubs, lover of all things ranch, was a happy camper. I wanted to make this because I feel like I’ve been in a rut for a long time with my crock pot. Chili, roasted chicken, shredded chicken tacos, repeat. I have taken it personally to start having a little more fun with my crock pot (in a non-creepy way). It’s on like donkey kong.
Stay tuned for more recipes. Hopefully ones that taste as good as this one, but look a little friendlier. That would be nice! (Who am I kidding – if it tastes good, it’s all good, right?!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2.5 lbs chicken breasts, thawed and fat trimmed off
- Put all ingredients, except the chicken, in the crock pot (slow cooker). Mix with a whisk until well blended.
- Put chicken on top of milk mixture and cover with some of the mixture. Turn crock pot to low and cook for 5-7 hours. For faster cooking, turn crock pot to high for 3 hours. Serve with brown rice.