Being married to a Mexican, I had to perfect my taco meat a while ago
Most of the time I just wing it, but I measured it this time so I’d know that I was giving the correct proportions I’ve made it with and without the bell pepper and served it with whatever I have on hand… it’s always good!
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (I like red and green)
- 1 heaping TBSP chili powder
- 1 heaping TBSP ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt + pepper to taste
- Put meat, onion, and bell pepper into a pan over medium heat and cook until meat is browned, onion and bell peppers are translucent, and the juices have almost cooked out completely.
- Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, lemon pepper, oregano, and salt + pepper. Stir to cover and cook just a minute more.
- Serve and enjoy!